An Understanding of Epilepsy Medication with the Simulated Administration of Rescue Medication (Buccal Midazolam, Rectal Diazepam or Rectal Paraldehyde)
- Emergency seizures: prolonged or cluster
- Currently available rescue medication
- The NICE Guidelines for the treatment and management of epilepsy seizures
- The benefits and risks of rescue medication
- The Seizure Management Plan and Rescue Medication prescription
- The advantages and disadvantages to Buccal Midazolam, Rectal Diazepam, and Rectal Paraldehyde
- How to administer rescue medication (depending upon the course option, this will be specific to the local needs assessment)
- Aftercare and Management following administration
- Storage and Health and Safety Requirements
All our Epilepsy training courses comply with Joint Epilepsy Council training guidelines and standards for Rescue Medication.
3 – 6 hours
If you require any advice as to what Epilepsy training option will meet your unique organisational or patient / service user requirements then please contact us for our expert recommendations. Guardian Angels Training will provide the necessary competency proformas required to ensure safe and evidenced-based clinical practice following completion of our training courses. This will then allow the Registered Provider to ensure mandatory competency assessments are completed within the workplace by a nominated mentor/supervisor.
If you need further advice regarding competency assessments or if you would like our Registered Nurse Trainers to provide onsite competency assessments then please do contact us.