This 3 hour training session is designed for qualified cervical / cytology sample screening takers to update their knowledge in line with the NHS Cervical Screening Programme (NHSCSP) National guidelines.
The cervical screening update training covers a review of:
- Assessment of and communication with the patient
- Obtaining informed consent
- Policies & Procedures
- Ensuring compliance with NHSCSP guideline
- Update on Call / Recall System
- Exclusion Criteria
- Transformation Zone sampling
- High risk HPV triage
- Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia (CIN)
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and the sample taker’s legal obligations;
- Sample taking for Women who have sex with Women (WSW);
- Taking the Sample – a review of correct procedures
- Understanding and explaining the Results
- 14 day turnaround
- When to refer to Colposcopy
- Auditing your results
- Documentation and record keeping
- Personal and professional development
- Future prospects for cervical screening
- Question and answer time
This training course is NOT open to individuals.
We only deliver this training onsite to groups of professionals as arranged by Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCG’s), NHS Trusts, Sexual Health / Family Planning Teams and Large GP Practices.