This Intravenous (IV) Cannulation and Intravenous (IV) Drug/Medication Administration delivers essential training for nurses, midwives, and allied healthcare professionals who are required to insert a venous cannula and /or administer intravenous (IV) medication.
Upon completion of this course delegates are equipped with the basic theory, skills and knowledge to build their competence in the workplace under supervision of an appropriate practitioner.
- Review of anatomy of the arm
- Infection control and health & safety
- Reasons for and complications of this invasive procedure
- Vein selection and demonstration of correct technique, choice of equipment and procedure
- Cannulation skills technique workshop
- Administration of medication and fluids
- The management of anaphylaxis
- Legal and professional responsibilities
Guardian Angels Training will provide the necessary competency proformas required to ensure safe and evidenced-based clinical practice following completion of our training courses. This will then allow the Registered Provider to ensure mandatory competency assessments are completed within the workplace by a nominated mentor/supervisor.