Our Nasogastric (NG) and Gastrostomy (PEG Tube) Care and Feeding Training delivers the essential knowledge, understanding and practical skills needed for healthcare professionals caring for individuals with enteral nutrition needs.
This extended training course is intended for clinical settings that require their employees to be trained and competent in both Nasogastric Tube Insertion, Feeding and Management as well as Gastrostomy Feeding, Care and Management. Separate courses are available for both Nasogastric Tube Insertion Training and PEG Feeding Training.
This extended course covers the mandatory content to ensure safe and compliance practice for both Nasogastric and Gastrostomy Tube, including, enteral nutrition, correct feed and medication administration, management and daily care.
Our Nasogastric (NG) and Gastrostomy (PEG Tube) Care and Feeding Training provides healthcare workers with the clinical skill, ability and confidence to provide outstanding care and support for individuals with enteral nutrition care needs.
3 hours – to include the knowledge and understanding of caring for an individual with enteral care needs.
6 hours – to include the knowledge, understanding and skills of caring for an individual with enteral care needs, including practical simulations.
- Key Definitions, including Nasogastric Tubes, Gastrostomy Devices (including PEG, PEJ, Button, G-Tubes, Low Profile Devices)
- Indications for use specifically relating to nutrition and feeding
- Insertion of a Blind Bedside Nasogastric Fine Bore Tube
- Change procedures for Gastrostomy Devices including MIC-KEY
- Potential complications that might occur
- Care and management of a Nasogastric Fine Bore Tube
- Care and management of a Gastrostomy Device
- Enteral Feed and Medication Administration via a Nasogastric Tube of PEG
- Troubleshooting Scenarios
- Care Planning and Defensible Record Keeping and Documentation
- Practical Simulation
Our Nasogastric (NG) and Gastrostomy (PEG Tube) Care and Feeding training course is evidenced based and intended to ensure the individual, member of staff and organisation remain safe and compliant.
On completion of our training course and self-study workbook, your staff will be able to:
- Define the terms Nasogastric and Gastrostomy tube
- List the clinical indications and contraindications for a Nasogastric and Gastrostomy tube specifically relating to nutrition and feeding
- Describe the insertion and change procedures specific to the device being used
- Explain potential complications that might occur for both nasogastric and gastrostomy feeding
- Outline the care and management required for both a Nasogastric Tube and Gastrostomy tube
- Summarise the feed and medication administration techniques
- Demonstrate competence for the care and management of Nasogastric and Gastrostomy Tubes
If you are looking for a training course that ensures best practice and prevents harm then please contact us to discuss your training requirements.
Guardian Angels Training will provide the necessary competency proformas required to ensure safe and evidenced-based clinical practice following completion of our training courses. This will then allow the Registered Provider to ensure mandatory competency assessments are completed within the workplace by a nominated mentor/supervisor.