This training course gives delegates the skills, knowledge and understanding to carry out oral suctioning on patients/service users in their care.
The half-day, practical and theoretical course will equip delegates with the knowledge they need to carry out the practice, as well as the understanding of the legal and professional implications.
Registered nurses and healthcare professionals working in areas where Oral Suctioning is required can benefit from this training course.
- What is Oral Suctioning?
- When is Oral Suctioning indicated?
- Contraindications to Oral Suctioning
- Adverse effects of suctioning
- Anatomy & Physiology of the upper airway
- Checks required before Oral Suctioning
- Application of Oral Suctioning
- Areas to monitor post Oral Suctioning
- Disposal of and Cleaning of used equipment
- Reporting and Dealing with Faulty equipment
Guardian Angels Training will provide the necessary competency proformas required to ensure safe and evidenced-based clinical practice following completion of our training courses. This will then allow the Registered Provider to ensure mandatory competency assessments are completed within the workplace by a nominated mentor/supervisor.
If you need further advice regarding competency assessments or if you would like our Registered Nurse Trainers to provide onsite competency assessments then please do contact us.