Tracheostomy care is a clinical skill for nurses and support staff that is of huge importance to patient and service user outcome and wellbeing. Guardian Angels Training offers excellent Tracheostomy Care training and development that is evidenced based, informative and practical which ensures patient, service user, staff member and the care provider all benefit from best practice.
Our Tracheostomy Care training course has been designed to ensure that health care and support workers have the knowledge, understanding and clinical skill to confidently, safely and competently perform Tracheostomy Care to patients and service users.
3 – 6 hours
- Evidenced Based Tracheostomy Care Guidelines
- Current Evidenced Based Practice and Research
- Types of Tracheostomy Tubes
- The importance of Effective Communication to Alleviate Panic and Distress
- Clinical Tracheostomy Care and Practice Risk assessment
- Nursing and Tracheostomy Care Considerations
- Removal of Tracheostomy Tube
- Tracheostomy Care (including changing dressings, suctioning and the Tracheostomy Care Plan)
- Tracheostomy Resuscitation
- Tracheostomy Humidification
- Managing Tracheostomy care Emergencies
- Assessment & Certification
A Guardian Angels Certificate is issued on completion of this Tracheostomy Care training course. Included within all our clinical skills training courses is a comprehensive practical competency package that allows for competency to be demonstrated.
It is therefore recommended that care providers use our Tracheostomy Care competency template so that competency can be achieved within the workplace and a Tracheostomy Care competency certificate can be awarded. Practical competency must be achieved within the workplace within six months of attending our Tracheostomy Care training course.
Should you require optional RQF (QCF) accreditation is available – Guardian Angels Training is one of a few UK training providers to be approved and accredited to offer the nationally recognised Level 3 Award in Clinical Skills: Tracheostomy Care RQF (QCF).
Guardian Angels Training will provide the necessary competency proformas required to ensure safe and evidenced-based clinical practice following completion of our training courses. This will then allow the Registered Provider to ensure mandatory competency assessments are completed within the workplace by a nominated mentor/supervisor.
If you need further advice regarding competency assessments or if you would like our Registered Nurse Trainers to provide onsite competency assessments then please do contact us.