Autism is a lifelong developmental disability that affects how a person communicates with, and relates to, other people and the world around them. It is a spectrum condition, which means that while all people with autism share certain areas of difficulty, their condition will affect them in different ways. Asperger syndrome is a form of autism.
Our Autism and Asperger’s training courses are designed to touch upon each of the most important areas of training for healthcare professionals. Delivered in accordance with the Autism Act and strict statutory guidance, our autism training solutions provide candidates with essential knowledge in order to better-understand and recognise the effects of autism and asperger’s. Effective and affordable, your staff will benefit from the latest teachings in the field under the guidance of an experienced professional.
Our Autism and Aspergers Awareness Training Course will help you:
- Recognising Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Understanding what autism / asperger’s means
- How people with autism and asperger’s view the world and process information
- Minimising fear and anxiety amongst people with an autistic spectrum disorder
- Practical, specific strategies to use in dealing with someone with an Autistic Spectrum Disorders, both at work and elsewhere
Autism training for professionals involves both theory-based and practical training with a large focus on interactive experiential group work.
- What is Autism and Asperger’s syndrome?
- The triad of impairment
- Working with those with Autism and Asperger’s
- Understanding Behaviour of those with Autism and Asperger’s
- How the world is seen
- Verbal and non-verbal communication strategies
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Rituals, Stress, and Relaxation
- Coping with change
- Group exercises
- Summary and evaluation
For more information or to find out more about this or any of the other courses we offer, we’d be delighted to hear from you at any time.