Who is it for ?
This distance learning dementia care training programme is accredited at RQF (QCF) Level 2 and will allow health and social care staff to be awarded a full Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care. This dementia care training course is ideal for those who wish to understand more about dementia and will be highly valuable to people who support those with dementia, in a personal or professional capacity.
This specialist dementia care training course is designed to help health and social care staff working in generic care settings or dementia units to develop their knowledge and understanding of dementia and the principles of caring for people with dementia. The Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care training course (RQF (QCF)) covers areas such as dementia, person-centred care, the influence of positive communication methods, issues relating to the use of medication in dementia care and the importance of providing appropriate and meaningful activities for people with dementia.
Our dementia care training course leads to the nationally accredited qualification – Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care and comprises three module workbooks which combine the following units:
- Unit 01: Dementia awareness (Credit value: 2) (J/601/2874)
- Unit 02: The person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia (Credit value: 2) (H/601/2879)
- Unit 03: Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia (Credit value: 2) (T/601/9416)
- Unit 04: Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care (Credit value: 2) (A/601/2886)
- Unit 05: Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person-centred approach (Credit value: 2) (K/601/9199)
- Unit 06: Understand behaviour in the context of dementia (Credit value: 3) (J/504/2396)
- Unit 07: Understand the benefits of engaging in activities in social care (Credit value: 2) (K/602/4645)
Course delivery and assessment
This dementia care training courses is delivered via distance learning, therefore includes a set of high-quality workbooks that enable health and social care workers to complete this specialist dementia care qualification, and obtain the full RQF (QCF) Level 2 Dementia Care training Certificate. For those health and social care staff who enrol on this course, whether they work with service users who have dementia or not, will be fully supported by Dementia Specialists to successfully complete this qualification. Upon completion of this dementia training course learners will gain a nationally recognised Level 2 Certificate in Dementia Care (RQF (QCF)).
By undertaking this advanced dementia care training qualification you will be able to further your own continuous professional development, which may improve career prospects or progress on to further qualifications such as courses in health and social care or related subjects at RQF (QCF) Level 3.
If you wish to enrol on this accredited Dementia Care Training course then please contact us. Upon payment of the course fees you will be sent a study pack which provides all you need to complete your studies:
- Comprehensive study notes for each element of the course
- Self-assessment activities
- Tutor support information
- Assignment marking & feedback