Mental Capacity Act and DoLS Training Course
This Mental Capacity Act and DoLS training course presents the Mental Capacity Act and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards in a format that is both easy to digest and apply. This 1 day Mental Capacity Act and DoLS training course will provide information to help staff understand the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) and their implementation throughout the care sector.
The training course is aimed at front-line and supervisory staff, however, we can also provide advanced training for managers upon request. The Mental Capacity Act and DoLS training course will provide an:
- Awareness of the MCA and Code of Practice
- Awareness of DoLs
- Understanding of how the MCA and DoLS impact people who have a learning disability and mental health condition and those who support them
- Awareness of Best Interest Decisions
This course will provide delegates with a clear understanding of their responsibilities in safeguarding liberty and the correct process to follow for lawful deprivation where this is appropriate.
3 – 6 hours
- Legislation overview and core principles
- Mental Capacity defined
- What is Deprivation of Liberty?
- Capacity assessments
- Lawful and unlawful deprivation
- Six required assessments and authorisation
- Key terms
- Lasting and enduring powers of attorney
- Case study and examples
- Summary and evaluation
Please call or email for further details.