For employees requiring an expanded course of training that goes a little further than standard manual handling, our Safer Handling of Inanimate Loads or People training program ticks all the right boxes. This course has been designed specifically for those who during the course of normal working practices are required to lift and move both objects and patients alike.
The course covers the safe use of hoists, an introduction to lifting aids and important experience using lifting equipment in a health and social care setting.
6 – 12 hours
- Why train?
- Relevant legislation
- Risk assessment
- Potential injuries
- Anatomy of the spine
- Correct lifting techniques
- Importance of good base movement
- Moving and handling aids inc Hoists
- Importance of communication
- Practical (where applicable)
- Summary and evaluation
- Handling of Inanimate Objects
- Handling of People inc hoist
- Handling of People inc hoist refresher
- Handling of People ex hoist
- Handling of People ex hoist refresher
- Handling of People theory only
- Assessment & Certification
This course can be accredited by IOSH or alternatively delegates can study towards the Level 2 Award in Safe Moving of People RQF (QCF).
If you require a training solution that both safeguards patients / service users and staff / organisations alike, whilst ensuring regulatory compliance then please contact us today for a no-obligation training needs analysis of your business.