Safe handling of medication is of the utmost importance in all health and social care environments and is governed by extremely strict governmental regulations. Anyone working in a position where medication is either passed to patients or in any way handled could benefit from the teachings of this Guardian Angels Training Safer Handling of Medication course.
A simple yet effective medication administration training course; the syllabus covers the most important rules, regulations and effective working practices for those working with medication on a day to day basis.
1 to 3 days
- Legal framework
- Responsibility, accountability and confidentiality
- Self-medication and assisted medication
- Safer handling and administration
- The “RIGHTS” to safe administration
- Information sharing
- Issues and problems
- Summary and evaluation
We modify and adapt the course’s content in accordance with the specific industry area in which the delegate or delegate group is currently working.
Assessment & Certification
This course can be externally accredited and successful delegates can be awarded with the following optional qualifications depending upon your training requirements:
- Level 2 Certificate – Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines (RQF (QCF))
- Level 3 Unit – Administer Medication to individuals and monitor the effects (RQF (QCF))
- Level 3 Unit – Support use of medication in social care settings (RQF (QCF))