This six hour interactive training workshop will consider the definitions of both personality and attachment disorders. Throughout the productive course delegates will be provided with the opportunity to explore caring and supportive strategies for working together to help individuals diagnosed with personality and attachment disorders.
The facilitator will use quizzes, video presentations, interactive exercises and group reflections to provide those in attendance with up to date information and theoretical approaches. Delegates will be supported to develop a mutual concept of encouraging the rights, safety and responsibilities of those they support.
To cultivate a systematic approach to the care and support of individuals diagnosed with personality disorders and disorganised attachment.
- To discuss the challenges faced by those who experience personality disorders and experiencing disorganised attachment
- To describe the legal and professional responsibilities (The Care Act (2014), Mental Health Act (2007) and the Mental Capacity Act (2005)) relevant to personality and attachment disorders
- To list the categories and dimensions of Personality Disorder
- To consider the effects of a deficiency model as a management strategy
- To promote confident and effective communication methods
- To explore person centred care and practice and dignity in supporting individuals effected with personality and attachment disorders
- To reflect on optimising Connection/Reducing Resistance – Dr Gabor Mate
PRESSURE AREA CARE
SYRINGE DRIVER AWARENESS
VERIFICATION OF EXPECTED DEATH