Our Medication Administration Train the Trainer Course helps transform care sector workers into fully qualified and capable trainers of a superior calibre. Along with the most important teachings on the subject of medication, the course also covers strong and effective teaching habits in order to ensure successful delegates leave with the skills and confidence necessary to organise and chair accredited medication training courses.
Candidates can choose to take the course as a standalone unit in its own right, or to combine the Medication Administration Train the Trainer training course with a Level 3 or Level 4 Award in Education and Training – the latter enabling the trainer to offer recognised certificates/qualifications to their own delegates upon successful completion.
The content of the course is based around the RQF (QCF) Level 2 Certificate in Medication, though expands on its standard teachings by covering all essential aspects and elements of the training process itself. Ideally suited to those working in health and social care environments, the course helps build valuable and sought after skills for life.
Future Course Dates
Guardian Angels Training organises in-house sessions on your business’ premises for groups of four to 12 candidates. We’re happy to travel to the venue of your choice anywhere across the UK and can work around your scheduled at any time of year.
For smaller groups and individual candidates, open courses are available at select venues across the UK at various times of year – please get in touch with the team for further details.
All trainers who have a responsibility (or wish) to teach staff working with medication.
The syllabus includes:
- What is meant by the term ” medication”
- The legislation relating to medication and the application of it
- The routes of administration and the theory of how to safely administer medication via the most frequently used routes
- The importance and legal requirements of documentation in relation to medication
- Understand what is meant by ‘consent’ and how medication can be abused
- The signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction and the actions to take
- Preparing and delivering a training session
- Create a range learning resources
- Reflecting on your own practice
Assessment and Award
A Level 4 Train the Trainer in Medication Administration and a Level 3 or 4 Award in Education and Training award will be presented to candidates upon successful completion of the course.
For skilled trainers – two days. For those studying for a Level 3 Award in Education and Training – four days.
Costs vary in accordance with the distance our trainers have to travel, the number of delegates in attendance and other variables – please get in touch for an accurate quote. We do however guarantee that we will not be beaten on price.