Issue Date: 14 Nov 2017
All learner data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
2.1 The GDPR Owner is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Guardian Angels collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 Guardian Angels staff who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3 Privacy notice
3.1 Guardian Angels is an independent training provider offering courses and qualifications within the workplace. Our GDPR Owner and data protection representative can be contacted directly here: email@example.com
The personal data we would like to collect from you is:
|Personal data type:||Source:|
|personal details||You or your employer|
|family details||You or your employer|
|lifestyle and social circumstances||You or your employer|
|financial details||You or your employer|
|education and employment details||You or your employer|
|student records||You or your employer|
|visual images (CCTV, Photographs)||You or your employer|
|physical or mental health details||You or your employer|
|racial or ethnic origin||You or your employer|
|religious or other beliefs||You or your employer|
|offences and alleged offences||You or your employer|
|criminal proceedings, outcomes and sentences||You or your employer|
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Student Records Management
- Examinations and Achievement
- Funding Claims Student Support
- Student Learning
- IT Systems (Email, storage, e-learning)
- Marketing and Publicity
We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual themselves and with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the GDPR. What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons.
Where necessary or required we share information with:
- family, associates and representatives of the person whose personal data we are processing
- professional advisers
- current, past or prospective employer’s educators and examining bodies
- trade, employer and professional organisations UCAS
- trade unions and staff associations
- voluntary and charitable organisations
- healthcare, social and welfare organisations suppliers
- financial organisations
- survey and research organisations
- persons making an enquiry or complaint careers service
- press and the media
- local and central government security organisations
- police forces, prison and probation services, courts and tribunals suppliers and service providers
Our legal basis for processing the personal data is to fulfil regulatory and contractual obligations such as:
- Education and Skills Funding Agency
- Higher Education Funding Council for England
- Exam Boards
- Healthcare, social and welfare organisations
- Police forces, courts and tribunals
- Local and central government
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Guardian Angels to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
Guardian Angels will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first
obtaining your consent. The following third parties will receive your personal data for
the following purpose(s) as part of the processing activities:
|Third county organisation||Safeguards in place||Retrieve a copy here:|
|Certification to ISO/IEC 27001
Information Security standard
3.4 Retention period
Guardian Angels will process personal data for whilst you are a learner and will store the personal data for several years. The retention period for different classifications of personal data has been established in line with information management guidelines. Retention will be for no more than 7 years.
3.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: if we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below
All the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.4 above) in the processing of your personal data.
If you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Guardian Angels (or third parties as described in 3.4 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Guardian Angels data protection representatives GDPR Owner.
The details for each of these contacts are:
|GDPR Owner / Representative||Supervisory authority|
0303 123 1113