The "An Understanding of Ear Anatomy and Otoscopy" course offers participants a comprehensive exploration of the intricate structures of the human ear and the essential skills needed to perform otoscopy effectively. This course is ideal for healthcare professionals, medical students, audiologists, and anyone interested in gaining in-depth knowledge of ear anatomy and the diagnostic technique of otoscopy.
- Ear Anatomy
- Otoscopy Technique
- Common Pathologies
- Clinical Skills
- By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand Ear Anatomy: Develop a clear understanding of the anatomy of the ear, including the external, middle, and inner ear structures.
- Perform Otoscopy: Gain proficiency in using an otoscope to visually assess the external ear canal and eardrum, identifying normal findings and common abnormalities.
- Identify Common Pathologies: Learn to recognise common ear pathologies and conditions, such as infections, foreign bodies, and tympanic membrane abnormalities.
- Enhance Clinical Skills: Develop practical skills in conducting otoscopic assessments with proper technique, patient positioning, and documentation.
Participants will be evaluated on their understanding of ear anatomy and their ability to perform otoscopy through practical assessments during the workshop. The emphasis is on skill development and competency.